Thursday 12 November 2009

cannot be/read

Today I almost failed my 7 day challenge to take a photo a day on my digital camera and post it on this blog, when I inserted the memory card into the camera and the words flashed across the screen ERROR: MEMORY CARD CANNOT BE READ.

Thankfully I remembered the eternally useful and used by IT Technicians everywhere (I like to imagine that all IT Technicians operate in the same way as Moss and Roy of 'The IT Crowd') - 'Have you tried turning it off and on again?'. Hey, presto, the memory card reads!

And so do I (argh, how cringy punny was that?).


These are my current reads:

The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro which is very strange and still completely inexplicable on page 127/500 and something. I went to the book shop in search of a thin book which I could carry around with me as I read it, but I love Ishiguro's writing so much and the blurb had me gripped. Target fail, but succesful read.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf by Edward Albee. Much easier to read than the eponymous author's books, but that doesn't make it less clever. I like reading plays sometimes because they are fantastic works in their own right but loads of the amazing classics are sadly rarely performed.

Both very frightening in different ways. Have you read either? What did you think? And don't ruin the ending if you have!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read either, but I think I should!

    I'm glad you worked out that glitch with your memory card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either. I did see the infamous film of "Who's afraid of Virginia?" I miss reading for fun. I have a stack of books that are waiting for me to have time for them.

    ReplyDelete