Monday 4 January 2010

short-short-short-long

For the past two weeks over the holidays, I have woken up for lunch and have rarely been awake for more than 12 hours, apart from going out nights. The next day I'd make up for it with an 8 hour day.

This morning I set two alarm clocks to make sure I woke up on time, at 6.20 AM. Here I am, 15 hours later; I got home about 30 minutes ago. It's been a long day. Even if I'm not blogging every day, I was hoping to start commenting and reading more on other peoples' writing. Sorry, it looks like I might not be able to do that right away. But I am definitely appreciating all the insightful comments I've been getting on recent posts; I love hearing what people have to say and it spurs me on to write more. If tomorrow shapes up to be the snow day which seems possible right now, I promise I'll get reading right away! If not, maybe I'll set the alarm for 5 AM. Unlikely.

This started off as a whingy post, when it was meant to be a grateful one. Oops.

So instead, thank you, and service shall resume as soon as I start getting used to functioning on no sleep again!

2 comments:

  1. It's always rough getting back into the swing of work after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Pretty Face!!!! I have missed you much and I am so happy to be back. Hope you had a lovely holiday and that you will soon get back in to the swing of things---as that means you will have time for blogging.xoxo

    ReplyDelete