Monday 12 January 2009

A Guilty Pleasure

One thing which I've always loved about the beginning a year is that far, far away in Hollywood it's Awards Season! Yes, for some inexplicable reason I do find who and what won what where very interesting to follow... but even more than that, it's the fabulous dresses!

Premieres etc can be interesting enough, but it's at the big Awards Ceremonies that you get the real glitz and glamour. Oddly I wasn't aware that the Golden Globes happened today, so it was a lovely delight to come home and sift through the pretty dresses. If this is one of your guilty pleasures too, which dresses did you love?

Personally I loved the more neutral coloured dresses, which were well accesorised. Looking at my selection now, I also think it may have had quite a lot to do with which actresses I love, because let's face it, Angelina Jolie's never gonna get any praise out of me...

I do love Kate Winslet, but recently she went a bit over-board on the fake tan and in past years she's just gone for the most dreadful pastelly horrors. Black may be boring, but this dress is just so wonderfully elegant and I think she looks just right...

This sort of colour is probably my favourite for evening wear... it's just so luxurious. Maybe I'm a little dull but I find bright colours often look sooo trashy. Lovely brooch, Kristen Scott Thomas.

Gorgeous make-up, and I adore the texture of the skirt.

Amanda Seyfried can do no wrong in my eyes! Anyway, this dress is pretty amazing.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get a chance to catch the awards and I was bummed (I love looking at the outfits!). Amanda Seyfried and Kate Winslet pictures/outfits are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Winslet looks like perfection. I am so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really seen any of the outfits from the night but these ones are particularly beautiful. I'll always have a soft spot for Kate Winslet so I'm glad she won and looked gorgeous at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to indulge in a Go Fug Yourself big browsing sesh when awards season is on....

    ReplyDelete