Tuesday 6 May 2008

We <3 Books

Books are not for geeks. Books are for those who are cool and fiercely intellectual. Books are great!
Apparently people remember me as 'the ginger one who likes books'. Perhaps not the best epitaph, but miles better than 'which one was she again?'...

Anyway, I simply couldn't fill in my favourite books on my blogger profile, it was just too difficult. Instead, I'm going to do mini book reviews which are going to make me feel really intellectual inside, so that I can go and watch Dirt and CSI feeling sufficiently justified. But since I haven't read more than the first chapter of anything which isn't the ICT Revision Guide for a while, here's my list of books which maybe aren't in the top 1000 to read before you die (fantastic book!) but which I LOVE LOVE LOVE, all of which I have read at least x100000000 times.

1. White Teeth
Zadie Smith is my female role model

2. The Princess Bride
Crazzzzzy funny.

3. Harry and the Wrinklies
Even better than the CBBC TV programme on which it was based! I cannot believe I just said that!

4. A Little Love Song
Teenage romantic smultz (is that a word? it should be). Love it!

5. The Time Traveler's Wife
Widely dismissed as chick-lit, but this book TRANSCENDS criticism. I can't wait for the film version with Rachel McAdams who is totally awesome.

6. The Collected Short Stories of Roald Dahl
Personal favourite: The Great Switcheroo. Absolutely wonderfully evil!!!

1 comment:

  1. White teeth is amazing! Have you read any of her other books, I've only read White Teeth & In Beauty- but they were sure good!
    You've just inspired me to do a book post!

    ReplyDelete