Tuesday 6 May 2008

My Favourite Technique

Please excuse this post's title, currently I'm hoping that my post title mojo is going to drastically improve in the near future... for now, don't judge me.

So anyway, I thought I'd show you a technique I'm slightly obsessed with when creating cards; sewing on paper. I *think* this was my first foray into the technique 'sewing on paper'. It took ages. Literally, hours although this may be in part due to my multitasking tendancies. Anyway, this sort of reminds me of this quote by one of the sisters behind the design label Rodarte: "'We never take a shortcut. It's more like, "How can we figure out how to make it more difficult? Because that will make it more beautiful."
A slightly more subdued version.




If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment