Tuesday 11 May 2010

therapeutic retail

I am still super-stressed. I don't mind working hard, but I'm getting so drained that any down-time gets spent slumped staring mindlessly at some sort of screen, instead of anything more productive or fun. Exercise? I think I'm forgetting the meaning of the word.

I can't wait for this week to be over, because I go on study leave and then I will be allowed to time-keep on my own terms, which in my world means that being awake should never be experienced before 10 AM, under any circumstances.

Today I decided to break from the spirit-numbing routine and delay the start of my Desperate Housewives zombie-state marathon by half an hour. I stopped off on the way home and I checked out a couple of shoe shops, because I need new shoes.

However, I have come to realise that functionality is a huge limiting factor on the power of retail therapy. Also problematic are guilty expensive purchases, painful things (e.g. gorgeous new heels), or beautiful stuff which makes you feel ugly and fat.

Which made this £5 silly little necklace the perfect choice. I didn't need it at all.

2 comments:

  1. That is some cheap and cheerful retail therapy! Good job and great necklace!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete