Sunday 21 February 2010

bear

Whenever I come back from Turkey (which is quite a few times as I am partly Turkish) my suitcase is always several kilos heavier than when I arrived. One of the reasons for this is because pashminas are soft, jewellery sparkles and it's all cheaper. But one of my favourite things about the city is my aunt's dress shop, more specifically, the top floor of my aunt's shop which is filled with cupboards and cardboard boxes of old dresses. I always seem to find something new, be it because I am taller, slimmer, fatter, fancier...

I fell in love with the label on this one, 'though the dress was far too big

It's like an Aladdin's cave in there. I love it. The only pain comes from the fact that I have nowhere to wear approximately 97% of it. Actually, 100% of it, but 3% of the time I can't resist taking something anyway.

Leopard print satin, brocade, sequins.

With the pretext of an animal costume party, I managed to find an excuse to take away this gorgeous chiffon dress with bee and insect illustrations.

But at the last minute, I decided I needed the sequin dress too. And since it's brown, I borrowed a huge fake fur coat and a bear hat and the sequin dress becomes an evident requirement for a bear costume. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment