Tuesday 1 September 2009

the september issue

Today I woke up and found myself in total shock that it was September.

My disorientation may be due for the fact that I slept for about 16 hours, or that it was the first night I had spent clean and on a bed and for more than 5 hours for five days.

I just cannot believe that it is already September.

September is generally a month of transition. In the fashion world, the September issue is always the fattest. In Judaism, the new year, Rosh Hashana, is in September. For students September is the month they enter a new year. But for me the end of August and beginning September is even more transitional as I am starting somewhere new, and so, a few months ago I considered putting this blog on hiatus for a month when September came. I thought that I would have plenty of time to decide.

And now September is here. This may sound melodramatic, but I really feel like this long weekend has been the most transitional one of my life so far. So I need to dedicate some serious time to adjusting, thinking, living. I don't know if that leaves enough time or headspace for blogging.

So this morning I decided to put the blog on a month's hiatus. Pretty much immediately, I noticed something I wanted to post (out of interest, The Sartorialist's photo of a homeless guy, which I was sure that I'd seen before, wasn't sure I agreed with morally, and reminded me of all sorts of other reasons I don't like Scott Schuman - a whole post in a pair of parentheses, now that is impressive).

Now I am wondering what is better: to take a complete break from the blogosphere for a month, or to continue to post sporadically when the mood takes me, but with less commitment and little time for commenting and therefore probably very few comments (which I wouldn't blame anyone for, obviously!).

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Do whatever you need to do, doll. September is TOTALLY a transition time, and if you need space, make space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its whatever you feel like :)
    As you can tell I took a summer break from blogging- and it worked well for me. I think everyone is different. Let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is no fun if it's just a task on your to-do list. If you need a break, take it, we'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete