Saturday 21 March 2009

Charming details

Today, I went shopping in search of a book in a foreign language, sportswear and a nice dress. Naturally, I found none of that.

Instead what I found was a long-sleeved t-shirt, something which I rarely find when searching for. All through the winter, I struggled with a couple of bad quality and boring H&M jobs and one over-priced and see-through Topshop one. And as soon as the sun brightened up and the weather turned, my new top decided to show up.

It is indeed a unique specimen of a very rare animal, a long sleeved top costing less than £15, made of thick cotton and a nice cut. But it doesn't stop there. What attracted me to my new top was the charming little details in the design which meant I couldn't leave the shop without it. Uniqlo sells a lot of basics, which are all very well and good and versatile. There are frequent designer collaborations wwith whole collections of dresses, tops etc. But they also have a permanent collection of £12.99 UT T-shirts, with a constantly changing contents of wicked designs by all sorts of designers.

The top I bought today is designed by a team of two: an illustrator called Izuru Aminaka and a stylist, Yoko Omori. And you can so tell with these designs that each one has been thoughtfully created by different and creative people. It's in those charming details.

4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty!!! Gorgeous details.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble finding long-sleeved tops, too. And yes, they appear when I don't need them so urgently anymore :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is awesome. I think I wear dresses so much because I hate searching for tops! I have tons of skirts too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this top is so cheeky-cute. I love it !

    ReplyDelete