Saturday 4 October 2008

Gloopy

I can't remember where I first heard about Gwyneth Paltrow's new website GOOP but I remember how fun I found visiting it and my initial reaction. I have a feeling that the name may come from Ms. Paltrow's initials... maybe her middle names begin with O?

Go on the website and click anywhere, and you'll get Gwyneth Paltrow's mission statement. One line reads 'I love being in spaces that are clean and feel nice'. The slogan is 'Nourish your inner aspect'. What does that actually mean?

Anyway I just had to sign up to the newsletter after getting such a great laugh out of it. But then I felt sort of bad for being so harsh on it, because is this website so different from my blog or anyone else's? I mean, I may have laughed at the name 'GOOP' (come on, gloop... gloopy ... poop... not exactly the best name) but prettyfaceshelpinraces isn't exactly a stroke of genius either.

And I got my first newsletter today. It's nice to get e-mail by Gwyneth Paltrow.

UPDATE: this was the into to the e-mail. I hope you don't mind, Ms. Paltrow.

5 comments:

  1. I am intrigued. What do these e-mails entail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now added the letter that accompanied the first e-mail to my post, clotheshorse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I think I read about this in...Grazia? It does seem a bit gauche but I'm kind of nosy so I think I'll have to take a look. (Don't tell anyone though.)

    ReplyDelete