Friday 6 June 2008

Upside Down with my Point-and-Click

I'll make no claims to being a good photographer. And I'm not going to blame it on my point-and-click. I am entirely unable to comprehend depth of focus, any type of focus... well that's the only technical term I can conjure right now, but I do have a decent camera, I just can't use it.

In fact, pretty much any photo I take is going to have to be subjected to the magic wand on the Auto Adjust feature, because I haven't yet mastered flash. But this doesn't stop me from happily snapping away - inanimate objects naturally because I am totally unable to take a decent portrait. Instead of focusing on the technical aspects of photography, I am left to explore with composition and the idea side of it all...

It's startling how different everything looks when it's all above you. Colours and small details start popping.

1 comment:

  1. I love experimenting with my camera. I only wish it wasn't so limited!

    ReplyDelete