Monday 30 June 2008

The Office

I've always hated the idea of working in an office, and when at the beginning of the school year, we were told to go and find two weeks of work experience, I went to all lengths possible to procure a placement which doesn't involve office work.

Of course I realised that most jobs involve some sort of office but what I really didn't want was an office based environment, the type where computers are the main focus, and there are little cubicles etc. But then, when I managed to get a placement suitably un-officey (starts today... YAY! - and don't worry I won't blog about it) the regrets started flooding in.

I saw all my friends worrying over what is suitably 'smart' for an office. They had to go shopping, for blouses, smart skirts which hit the knee, new shoes. I had been given a dress code of 'casual' where 'jeans are perfectly acceptable'. I know, this is probably easier but I realised when my friend came round and started perusing my wardrobe that I have an alarming number of pieces that would be perfect for An Office.

If I don't work in an office, where can I wear beauties like this?

If you are lucky enough to work in an office and are maybe starting to wish you were a poet frolicking in fields of daisies and inspiration (or a farmer), this stunning Alexander McQueen suit is on sale at Net-a-Porter for £516.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a job where I have to dress up for work, either creatively or in a suit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! I want to hear about the work placement...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! What about the work placement!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at a thee-ehter dahling.

    ReplyDelete