Saturday 30 January 2010

honesty is the best policy

For a while I have really wanted a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Sometimes, I just want to roll out of bed and feel completely comfortable. So much so that on Wednesday evening when I had to go out but was so tired I almost fell asleep on the tube, I actually wore a pair of loungewear trousers tucked into some knee-high boots.

So this weekend I decided I'd go for something halfway less ridiculous: hareem pants. I ideally want some jersey grey ones with a black waistband, but I accept that description is is pretty specific. In the end, I bought these to try on at home. I realised that until summer when they would look awesome with ballet pumps or flipflops (for all of two weeks, until it gets too cold again), the only pair of shoes I have which I think will work is this ancient pair of black ankle boots, which used to be really painful but which actually fit fine now.

Thing is, I'm not so sure any more. I can take the truth. Is it comfily cool, or just 'no, no, no and hell no, oh and what has become of you wearing loungewear to the theatre, delete your style blog NOW!'?

(photo will be back up shortly, thanks for the opinions so far)

2 comments:

  1. I think you're working them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! They're not an easy look to pull off, but you do with panache!

    ReplyDelete