Wednesday 27 May 2009

cutting corners

It's slowly starting to dawn on me that I need to speed up my work.

Slow, thorough note-reading isn't going to cut it.

Spending hours making cards is out of the question.

So the other day, I wanted to make something flowery as inspired by my visit to the rose gardens. A quick search through my crafts box uncovered some stick-on decorations. I managed to complete the first half of this card in a matter of minutes.

Of course, then I began to feel that guilt of not having put enough effort in and spent an hour sticking on two ribbons in the most complicated manner possible, before deciding it didn't look right and removing the ribbons.

I'm not very good at this cutting corners business.

3 comments:

  1. Can't rush perfection, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that means you're a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah a fellow perfectionist! Cutting corners actually takes longer..
    Beautiful card though! x

    ReplyDelete