Thursday 25 December 2008

Joli Rouge Christmas

Christmas holds no religious significance to me, but I still love it as a celebration (any chance for one of those right?) when you can spend time with family and generally have a relaxing time. So I don't hesitate in saying

Merry Christmas

to everyone!

I am taking the opportunity of this lovely lazy day to catch up on some revision which seems to have fallen by the wayside. But in keeping with the glamour of celebration, I'm going to accompany it with a lashing of my brand-new red lipstick - Joli Rouge by Clarins. I absolutely adore it - it's red, long-lasting and moisturising - almost as much as the fabulous person who gifted it to me.
So here's hoping that this next year (I know it's not New Year quite yet, but we're practically there...) will be as glamorous as my new red lipstick, as well organised as my new Moleskine diary and generally wonderful for everyone.

UPDATE: yeah, so my lippy ain't looking so pretty any more, I sort of forgot to wind it down all the way before closing it... it's still perfectly useable but I no longer have any qualms about um, marring its perfection. So I went all out on the red factor!



Kisses xxx

6 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas to you too, my dear

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas lovely!
    I have butchered many lipsticks with similar lid jamming on ways, but with a lip brush it makes little difference!

    The shade is perfect on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous red!! I hope your 2009 is as fab as that shade and that your moleskin is filled with fantastic things to do and things done.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's the most perfect pout I've seen EVER! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Seeker
    Sarah - I'm glad to find someone similarly clumsy. I'm awful.
    Belette - likewise! I was going to continue with the similes... as cosy as my scarf, as romantic as my DVD of Persuasion but I thought that would be overboard ;)
    Susie - thanks! I took a ton of photos but the intensity of the red means that it came out with loads of 'noise' on my shitty camera phone...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picture reminds me of Amélie Nothomb, "Stupeur et Tremblements"!

    ReplyDelete